Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Random highlights & thoughts of the week

Joaquin Phoenix. If you saw the Letterman clip, you know what I'm talking about. Sad to see what Hollywood can do to someone. This guy needs some intervention and fast. Breaks my heart to see him this way. And we all know what happened to his brother River. Let's hope someone steps in and gets Joaquin the help he needs. Its easy to laugh but we should be lending a hand.

The 60 year-old woman who gave birth to twins via IVF. SO sick of this story inundating the news. Darwin stated that, "the urge to procreate is stronger than the urge to survive". And he's right. Unless you've walked in this lady's shoes, I don't think any of us have the right to judge. How about celebrating and supporting this family instead of judging so harshly?

Me & my friend chemo. Last round is on Thursday! Got postponed from Tuesday, my 'counts' were too low. Had more blood tests today and hoping we're good for Thursday. I just want this done and I'm sick of blood tests every 3 weeks. Especially when I only have one useable arm and the lab staff have to 'dig' for veins at this point! Need I say more? Gross.

Spaghetti and meatballs. Tonight's the night!

Books. I've decided to limit TV and read more. I have 3 books on the go and a pile waiting...typical Gemini. Everything ranging from raw foods to Reiki to novels. I'm loving the book by the Dalai Lama. My goal is no TV when I move to New Mexico. I still get a twinge in my gut when I say that...I'm a sucker for the Bonnie Hunt Show and American Idol...it'll be tough.

Recycled clothing. I am feeling so good about myself every time I get dressed in the morning! Most everything is second hand...it makes me feel like I'm making a difference.

Josh Ritter. Still on a high about the postcard he sent me!

Other big news. We'll wait and see. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. It' so easy to judge others. Negativity can be like a wildfire. I hope the 60 year old mother has a good support system.

    I'm out of touch with the world of TV so not sure what happened on The Letterman show.

    Did you enjoy your spaghetti and meatballs?

    ReplyDelete