Sunday, November 22, 2009

3 more sleeps

My friend Beth arrives on Wednesday night and so begins the long awaited weekend with a familiar face and friend in Santa Fe. Here's to a road trip and a reunion with my loves...Albu"quirky" and "the city different"! And of course, time spent with my friend...what could be better than this? No agenda except for a much needed and long anticipated evening at Ten Thousand Waves soaking in outdoor Japanese baths and a "head to toe" massage. Indian head massage, Japanese foot scrub and leg massage AND a Lomi Lomi full body massage. 90 minutes of pure relaxation and pampering followed by a soak in a hot bath. Somebody pinch me.

Here's to strolls and shopping in Old Town and on the plaza with coffee in hand, a trip to Chimayo to make a "promiso" and feast at the new, post-fire Rancho de Chimayo, eating New Mexican food (I'm excited to introduce Beth to my friend the sopaipilla...oh, and carne adovada, fry bread, Navajo tacos...), and catching up. That's the basic forecast for the weekend. I'm anxious to revisit my old haunts as well. Its been a looooong time since my days of living and working in Santa Fe and northern New Mexico. I'm excited to go back and reminisce and soak up all that good energy I get from that place.

3 more sleeps and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment