Monday, January 9, 2012

Road Trip Recap: Day 4

So during the night in our hotel, the fire alarm went off. I jumped out of bed and went to the door to peek out and see what was going on. Sometime in the night when I was freezing to death, I put on my black 'Canuck' toque and was wearing black tights and a black t-shirt. Mary reports waking up and seeing "an alien" at the door with 2 heads (my head and the pom pom on my toque), light shining behind from the hallway, and a strange noise going off. We still crack up about it. She kept asking me the weirdest questions unrelated to the fire alarm. Next day we woke up early to meet Mary's travel therapy recruiter Matt at a cool restaurant called Wheatfields. Matt told Mary that they never get to meet the people they hire so since Omaha was on our route, we stopped so he could meet Mary. Had a great breakfast (best cinnamon bun ever) and then got to see the office and meet all of the recruiters. I miss the USA for the work culture, people are so amazingly friendly, interested, fun, and easy to talk to from the get go. I was so excited for Mary to be experiencing this in her new job. The day was short as we only made it to Columbia, MO and stopped in for the night to get some better sleep and get back on track. Especially after the spin out, we were still nervous driving for the rest of the trip and it took a toll. Lots of laughs and a new vocabualry which I will post some key words and definitions for you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment