Thursday, July 5, 2012

Almost Home...

Not much to report but I felt like posting something today. My ashtanga practice is coming along...ever so slowly but its coming along. I was sick for about a week and didn't have the strength or energy to go to the shala regularly. So that set me back a bit. And I know I caught the bug from a guy at the yoga shala...dang it! I'm finally feeling better today and went to yoga this morning. I now know all the 'fundamentals' and will begin learning the 'primary series' when I get back from my trip home. In the meantime, I just practice what I know every day while I'm at home...and I'm not supposed to be "a bad lady...don't be lazy". Lol.

I like the yoga and feel pretty confident that I'll keep it up-its become a routine. Now I struggle with reintroducing Zumba or starting to try and run, AGAIN. I love Zumba. Its fun and it's a great workout. But I really have this urge to try and get myself running again. What to do? Add in what I love and put off running longer? Or dive into running and add Zumba later? Maybe I should just do the running and Zumba...alternate them. I have a tendency to do too much all at once and I'm trying to slow my roll so that I don't get overwhelmed and keep this up long term. This is why the dilemma.

I'm heading home on Sunday for a surgery consult and the 100th anniversay of the Stampede. I'm really looking forward to going home and really looking forward to having fun at the Stampede. It'll be busy trying to visit with friends and family and going to the Stampede but I'm excited to be home for a while. There really is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment