Friday, February 13, 2009

World Sound Healing Day

Tomorrow is "world sound healing day". I've really connected to sound and its effects on me. I participated in a sound wellness workshop last weekend...loved it and learned a lot. This really resonates with me and goes deep into my core. I'm joining in a group toning tomorrow morning from 9:00-12:00 and I cannot wait. I find this so therapeutic and freeing. Lettng my voice out. Many people all over the world will be toning in honor of this day...started by Jonathon Goldman in Colorado. He's one of the sound wellness pioneers. I plan to buy a Native flute in Banff and a drum sometime down the road. The woman who taught the sound wellness workshop had both, among other instruments like crystal and Tibetan singing bowls...I would never have thought to get a Native flute until I saw and heard hers...wow. And I love the sound of the drum. Perhaps this is part of my ancestry showing itself? I wish I lived closer to my sista "Gigi" so we could experience a lot of these together at the same time...I carry her with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment