Monday, February 9, 2009

Dreams do come true!

It pays to follow your heart and not hold back. Today I got a postcard from Josh Ritter in the mail. JOSH RITTER!!!! I wondered, "who do I know in Alaska?"...I looked at the signature and couldn't quite make it out. Then I read the postcard and BAM! It hit me! Josh Ritter! I couldn't believe my eyes. I have been on a giddy high all afternoon because of this. Since this whole cancer shmancer thing, I vowed to myself that I would not hold back and I would follow my heart, do things I only once thought about and go after my dreams...big and small. I think Josh would relate, he lives life with such passion. I wrote to Josh a few months back. I decided that rather than just think how great he is and his music is, I should tell him. Often enough, no matter who we are, we don't always hear the great things that people think about us. We hold these thoughts inside instead of sharing them and making people feel good. So, that spurred me to pick up the mighty pen and tell THE Mr. Josh Ritter what an inspiration and joy he is. I had completely forgotten about this until today. I never expected a response. Amazing. AMAZING. I am on top of the world. And what a great guy...he spent money to buy and send a postcard to a fan, and took the time out of his busy schedule to write. Thanks Josh!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment