Monday, March 2, 2009

Mountain therapy

I deleted my last blog entry. In retrospect, I don't think it was a good idea to vent on my blog...I hate being vulnerable and showing the negative side of me. Because I'm rarely negative. I need to get more comfortable with that because after all, life isn't always rosy. You can say that again sista! I've always admired those people who are honest and raw to the core, say-it like-it-is-kind-of-people, salt of the earth.

Anyway...mountain therapy. I was worried that it would be too lonely up here and that I might have too much time to think which could be overwhelming and depressing. But, that's not the case. I'm loving the time alone with my girl Kiva (dog) in the mountains. At least so far. I spent the weekend buying groceries and settling in, now I can start to kick back and relax. I'm back on the raw veggie diet full force versus half assed which feels good and I keep collecting 'cook' books...always ones with easy and quick recipes like "Raw food for busy people". Keeping it simple. Tonight I'm going to try making veggie udon soup.

I'm a regular at "Nutters", the local organic and community grocery store. Somehow the name alone makes me feel like I belong, ha ha. I brought my sewing machine to try and finish a few things I'm trying to make for my niece and nephew, and a few books, some music, videos...stuff to help me distract and also focus on my wellness. My latest kick is pH and the whole acid/alkaline food/body thing. I'm truly convinced that food is the key to my recovery and continued good health.

I rented a movie called 'Dear Frankie' on the weekend, good one. Any excuse to go to the movie rental place here...free popcorn as you browse, can't beat that!

Went for a walk today with Kiva and thought I'd never make it home! Still in recovery from my last and final chemo treatment, plus it has taken a toll overall on my weight, cardio, etc...all 'normal' according to the doctors but it feels crappy. I look in the mirror and see a big, bloated person, not me. My legs felt weak and on the way back I of course took the stairs up the mini mountain...if it weren't for Kiva pulling me up the last set of stairs I would still be on that trail. Good thing she's a husky! She was a real trooper and just seemed to know, she stepped in front and started to pull and lead instinctively. I can't wait to get her skijoring next year! How pathetic that walking has now become serious exercise for me. But...I already have my running schedule printed out and ready...I think in another week I can dive in slowly.

Well, off to coffee at Beamer's. Looking forward to a soy latte and warming up. Still feel bone cold after cooling off from my walk. Going to go to Banff tomorrow for a little stroll and shop. I want to find a Native flute at Sleeping Bear and visit the Native store. That's the latest day in the life of me.

1 comment:

  1. It's ok to vent :)
    You sound good. Nothing like crisp mountain air to help heal the soul. Kiva is a good and loyal dog for looking out for you and bringing you back home safe & sound.

    ReplyDelete