Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Synchronicity

It started with the beating of a drum. I decided not to go to Banff today (I'm going tomorrow) and instead walked main street here in town. I went into a gemstone store that I've been meaning to go into for a while now. I'm not big on crystals and gemstones but I thought they might have some other neat stuff too. That store has the best vibe when you go inside. I felt so good in there...music playing, just a really good feel to it.

I noticed some sweetgrass, sage and sweetgrass and sage incense as well...I wondered if this is something I should get for the Elder when I do my first sweat in April. I put it down. I then picked up a clear quartz crystal key chain which I couldn't put down so I hung on to it and kept wandering through the store with it clutched in my hand. Then I heard the beating of the drum. I melted. Instant relaxation, I felt like a noodle I was so relaxed! I wondered why the store keeper was beating on the drum...was it instinctively for me? No...couldn't be. I decided then and there that I need a drum. It's time. I've been eyeing them ever since living in New Mexico but it never felt quite right to actually make a purchase. I didn't buy a drum from this store either as the clerk who knows all about the person who made them was not there and I need to know this information. And, I want to check out the Banff Native store before I choose one. I did have the clerk play them for me so I could hear the different sounds they made, and I beat them myself. It went straight to my core. I will buy a drum this week. Synchronicity...I am on my Native path, funny that this would happen.

Then I noticed the clerk's ring, gorgeous! Silver with a big fat rainbow moonstone...I didn't know it was moonstone until she told me. It almost looks like a white opal, wow. I made her pull out a ring tray and tried some on. And I bought one. I HAD to. Since coming home I looked up the meaning of moonstone...its one of the birthstones for June. MY birthday is in June. Synchronicity. It is considered to be a sacred gemstone and get this...

*it is associated with the pineal gland and brings hormonal balance
*it brings good fortune to the wearer
*promotes inner growth and strength
*protects those of a sensitive nature
*soothes and balances the emotions...balances yin and yang
*brings good emotions to the wearer
*it is considered to be a 'woman's stone' and for babies or a 'goddess' stone
*enhances intuition
*promotes inspiration
*brings sucess in love and business
*ignites passion
*used in meditation to understand self

Legend states that if you gaze into the stone you will fall into a deep sleep that would tell the future. Hmmm...all of these things fit with my life right now and what I need.
Then, I head to the bagel place for a sesame bagel with spinach & red pepper cream cheese. I didn't want to go home right away and needed something for lunch so I deviated from my raw diet a little. As I was waiting for my bagel, I see a sign for a workshop happening at the Canmore Coop. I checked out the Coop a month or so ago but it was still in the making and not quite ready, I wanted to join. And here it is again in front of me, and not only that, but the workshop is to learn how to make moccasins! I called right away, joined and signed up for the workshop. Saturday is part one and then the next half is later in the month. Synchronicity...the Coop and the moccasins. And I have always been obsessed with leather and beadwork like on moccasins...I used to have a pair as a kid, white with beads and rabbit fur. I used to constantly buy little wallets from the Banff Native store...with beads and smell the smoke from the hide.

So, this was my day. A great day. It started getting cold and windy, and I needed to get home to let Kiva out of her kennel. So, I'm back home. Tonight I'll make a fire and relax and reflect some more. I'm hoping to find something for my sister tomorrow in Banff as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment