Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My 30 day raw challenge

The traveling set me a little off course from my raw diet...who can resist junk food on a road trip? Certainly NOT me. Tough to get back on track after the Hershey bars, DQ blizzards, pizza...and I HAD to have that Indian fry bread...mmm mmm MMM!

OK, I make it sound like that was ALL I was eating, not true. But I managed to sneak the junk in with the good. So, to get back on track I decided to do 30 days raw. I'm already on day 9 and going strong. I haven't been lured by temptation yet, except for a sopaipilla. Those are like crack to me! I'm feeling good and I have a countdown calendar on my whiteboard, I check off each day I've been raw for motivation and to see my stellar progress : ) Go Tracey, go Tracey!

I'm getting more creative at the green smoothie thing and even made up my own recipe, which I might add, has been a hit with other non raw people around me who think it looks like sludge. Here's the recipe in case you want to try it yourself:

Tracey's Green-a-liscious smoothie

1 red apple (cut into big chunks)
1 good chunk of cantaloupe
3 strawberries
2-3 leaves of Kale (no stem, it doesn't blend well)
fist full of romaine
water (fill to about 1/4 BELOW the top of the food)

Blend blend blend and happy drinking!

"Let food be thy medicine" -Hippocrates

1 comment:

  1. My sister-in-law is a sludge pusher. She calls it goop. Way to go on the raw-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete