Saturday, June 27, 2009

A snapshot from the road

Meet Officer Matt. Someone tried to steal the UHaul trailer sometime in the wee hours while I was soundly sleeping in a hotel in Salt Lake City. Woke up, grabbed a coffee, and headed to the car. That's when I noticed all the chains and electrical cords undone. Thankfully, being me, I packed that trailer to the 'tits' and it was too heavy for the guys to lift off my hitch! I alerted the hotel manager just so he was aware and found out that another UHaul HAD been stolen that night, a down and out looking woman and her daughter moving everything they own to California. They're life was in that trailer and my heart really went out to them. I almost wish the thieves would have taken my trailer and not theirs. Had to file a report with the North Salt Lake Police...then back on the road.

1 comment:

  1. You and Matt have similar haircuts. Yours in much cuter though (sorry Matt).

    I hope they were able to return some of the stuff to those other people.

    ReplyDelete