Sunday, July 26, 2009

Moving again...

I've been feeling stifled in this little studio-type guest house. I've been tossing the idea of moving around for the past month and finally decided to get serious this weekend. This place I'm in now would be great if I was in my 20s or a student, but I'm afraid I don't have the same ability to appreciate it at this stage in life. And, with it being so small, I notice all the bugs and shortcomings much easier...and I haven't had the greatest tolerance.

I found a good place this weekend on my quest for a bigger, cleaner and more 'me' place to live. Granted, this area is a little off kilter...the cost of living is high but the housing doesn't match the price. You wouldn't believe what people are charging for these houses and apartments...their perspective is definately skewed. I thought I was going crazy until a local said the same thing. But you have no choice and end up searching for the best of the worst and lowering your standards a lot. Not that mine are uber high in the first place!

Anyway, found a house in a nice area, old but clean and cleaned up...the owners are nice and live in Durango. One of those Barbie and Ken looking couples in their 50s...blond, tall, done up...but nice. Its worth the money to me in order to get some of my self back. The move has been more of an adjustment than I thought. Either I'm not as adaptable as I used to be or my ability to cope has changed since everything I've been through these past few years. Living in this cramped space with the bugs...I stopped making my meals as regularly as I was, and was starting to lose touch with my usual activities, etc...not depression but it kinda feels a little like that.

So, next weekend is the big move and I'll be packing all week. I think it will bring brighter days. And if not, Albuquerque, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment