Monday, July 13, 2009

The perks of small town living

I heard a knock at my door tonight. It was my neighbour Archie. His oldest son and girlfriend are making homemade salsa to sell to help raise money for something college related. I know his son is going to college this year in California. I love this town, despite the bugs. I love hearing a knock at the door and knowing its a neighbour. And I love knowing I can knock on their door any time. And...I love how my neighbour pronounces 'cilantro' with his Spanish accent and a roll of the tongue..."see-lawn-tro". Back to the point, yep, I'm buying a few 'quarts' of hot salsa...$6.00 a quart and homemade. It'll be ready on Friday. On another small town note...I often think of sista G...the farmer's markets are starting and there's a big push here to support local growers and to know your farmers, and your food. She would love this...along with the sustainability meetings. I was at the laundry place this weekend reading all about these events in the Aztec Talon (the town rag) and thinking of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment