Thursday, March 4, 2010

Life is a mystery

I am totally relating to that song this morning. Just waiting to go for a haircut...a 'real' haircut. I've been getting by with Supercuts (I know, you're laughing or gasping) but now my hair is at that breaking point and needs to start finding a style. Its time to bring in the pros!

Its my day off and its a lovely spring day outside. I know this because I had to track down my dog Kiva, who escaped from the backyard this morning. Luckily, she doesn't go far and I always know where to find her. She thinks its riot when I DO find her and we race home on the sidewalk. Guess that's a good thing too, she comes home.

So, the title of the blog...its exactly how I'm feeling. How the heck do people know what the 'right' decision is for them in life? In all matters of life. Is it a total crap shoot? Do we follow our heart or our head? What are the rules? Someone tell me please. I feel like I've been through a MAJOR life transition with cancer, and always living with that now...it has sort of become a guide for me...a reminder to do what you love and live life to its fullest. I guess I used to know what that meant for me and now, I don't. I'm on the brink of making major choices as well...marriage, adoption, where I live...do I do all these things or do I stay put where I am and blaze a new trail? I think this is what a midlife crisis feels like. How come everyone else seems to know what they want and make the right decisions, I never trust mine.

Life IS a mystery. Am I totally on my own with thinking and feeling thsi way? ADVICE PLEASE. I would love to hear as many responses as I can.

Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

  1. Don't go with your head your heart..go with your gut, it will just feel right!

    Marriage shouldn't be a question, its natural, and amazing, its what makes my heart tick everyday, it keeps me excited, laughing, crying sometimes but it brings ALOT of joy!!

    Adoption....I LOVE baby making..but I HATE a negative pregnancy test...I believe in adoption.

    Marry the man you love....its the best feeling, i can't explain it more! xoxo

    ReplyDelete