Friday, April 23, 2010

Back on Canadian soil

Well, I'm back home. Not sure if I should be posting a blog entry today since I'm lacking flair and energy...been unpacking and fitting in appointments in between. Suddenly, its Friday, a whole week gone by already! And there is so much more to do! I was hoping to get everything done by today so I could enjoy the weekend free and clear. Maybe I should just relax a little and not push myself to get it all done in such a hurry. Yep, that sounds like a good idea. Let it go Trace!

OMG, Leonard Nemo (Spock from Star Trek) is actually in Vulcan, Alberta today (per the radio broadcast I just heard). Apparently he's wearing his original ears from the 1950s. Love it.

Big appointment next Friday, my annual mammogram and ultrasound and I can't help but re-live the fear of hearing I have cancer all over again. I know there's no point in worrying but its tough not to. Cross your fingers for me and here's hoping I get another 'all clear'. Once that is over with, I can breath again. Its inhibiting me from feeling 100% right now...but I'm trying.

I start work on Monday so that will be a crazy week and will hopefully keep my mind off the ta-tas. Not thrilled about heading back to the same old job and same old low morale but its a stepping stone and a paycheck. If anything, I've learned not to settle for anything less than your hopes and dreams...so if it doesn't feel right, adios! But, it could be great too. No expectations.

Okay, that's all I have in me for now. Missing my peeps in New Mexico and thinking of you all. And happy to see familiar faces again and be home in C-town at the same time.

Oh, favorite quote of the day (stumbled upon it during my organizng and unpacking)"
"Alone, one cannot share life". I am definately not lacking and so grateful for that.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Back, I wish i would run into you at the RGH! Lets do lunch.

    Deena

    ReplyDelete