Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Signed, Sealed, Delivered!


OK. Over the past few years I have somehow started to collect an informal list of 'things I want to do' in my head. These things just seem to pop into my head every now and then. Most people would call it a "Bucket List" but I hate the sound of that. It just sounds morbid to me. But I also can't seem to come up with my own hip term to replace it, so for now, its just my 'things to do list'.

I think it started the day I decided to write a letter to one of my favorite and uber inspiring singers, Josh Ritter. This guy will make you smile on the inside and out just by seeing him in concert. I took a chance and wrote him a letter. Not a crazed-I-love-you-Josh-Ritter fan letter. I just felt compelled to let him know how inspiring he is, and his music. And OK, how much I love it!

Well, who freakin' knew that one day I'd be pulling a postcard out of my mailbox from Josh?! Dream #1 come true.

I think this was the fuel that started my fire and I have since been coming up with other dreams I want to make come true. Not intentionally, they just come. And trust me, they're not Oprah Winfrey worthy, but they are my dreams just the same. That's what makes it so great.

Another dream I've had relates to the show Extreme Makeover-Home Edition with Tai Pennington. I LOVE that show! I can't watch it without crying, being inspired, and feeling fired up to help others. And in fact, sometimes I can't watch the show because I get MAD that I'm not involved in it somehow! That's how much I want to be a part of the show and how much it means to me.

I decided way back that I was going to send in a DVD (video) of me asking to be a participant on the show to help a family and meet the design team. I kept putting it off for more than a year. Then in January I finally grabbed a ball and made the video, put some photos together, and filled out the application. It all sat in a box on the dining room table for months. Until today. I mailed it! I know the chances of me getting a call to be on the show are SLIM but...I am so glad I put myself out there and did what I could to try and make it happen. I've seen that this year they have guests on the show but they're celebrities, so maybe I waited too long...I sure ain't no celebrity! But like I say, I will hold out the hope that just like Josh, Tai Pennington will contact me. Imagine?!

The only other 'thing to do' on my list at this point in time is (and yes, its totally cheesy) to visit the firehall from the TV show Emergency! in California and the museum that houses the old fire engine and squad car used on the show. And wouldn't you know it? THIS July, the museum is asking all Emergency! fans to write in about why they (aka ME) are the biggest fan. There's an event going on, no details yet, but you KNOW where I'LL be in July people! And here's hoping I get to meet Johnny and Roy...Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe, and maybe even some of the other cast.

Follow your dreams people, whatever they may be. A dream is a dream is a dream and all are worthy of reaching for. Just think about the stories you'll have to tell. You never know unless you try.

2 comments:

  1. This is going to sound hilarious....but My dream is to go to the set of Sesame street, i'm still a huge fan, and my daughter will be a huge fan to. I hope one day we can go to new york and walk the stree of sesame ourselves!

    ReplyDelete