Saturday, May 21, 2011

Life Is Good

It really is. These past few months (which have gone by so fast!) have been just what I've needed. I'm still 'under construction' or more like under re-construction, but I feel a whole lot better about life, and myself aleady. I am so fortunate to have this time away for myself, to be surrounded by a place I love and friends, and people who are helping to guide my path, especially the honest ones. Those who tell me what I may not always want to hear but tell me like they see it so I can make insightful choices. Not quite Simon Cowell but just as honest. I SO appreciate it. I need that view of things to see what's really happening, to see what others see, the real picture. And from there, I forge my own path using that knowledge and mine.


I feel like I'm starting to gain ME back and the STRENGTH to put my dreams forward instead of behind someone else's. Still scary though, let's be honest, I don't have the balls quite yet! I'm not coming from anything horrible, just a life where my dreams didn't all come true and at the edge of turning 40...its a little disheartening and an awakening to say the least. Why was I so naive that I didn't know or realize that I should have pushed to make things happen sooner? Marriage, kids, etc. It has always been my dream. WTF? At the same time, I have so many blessings and riches in my life and have been lucky in that, and I'm grateful.


I realize that life is messy and I need to stop focusing on what is 'right' and have faith to step onto a path that feels right and trust that my dreams will come true. Even at 40. I still don't have the nerve to choose the same path and make it different or to choose a brand new path...but I'm definately getting closer. And that's miles further from where I was.

I want to thank Laura who has been popping by to read my blog posts. I appreciate your support and read your website when you direct me to it. THANK YOU. Such a nice surprise.


On to less heavy chit chat...its the weekend and I plan to relax, shop for a 40th birthday dress, and choose the restaurant in Las Vegas to celebrate 40 (that's Las Vegas, Nevada by the way and not Las Vegas, New Mexico...did you know there's a Las Vegas, NM? Also a Miami, NM). Anyway, I'm trying to find a not-overly-pricey restaurant, but still swanky where I'll feel like its a real big deal. And I have a funny story to tell you about work at the long term care center but I'll save it for later...have to get my day started.


Happy weekend everyone!








No comments:

Post a Comment