Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Upcoming Events

I'm spending my 40th birthday in Las Vegas and I'm really starting to look forward to it now.

My friend sent out an invite to my family and friends asking them to join us but...due to my procrastination, by the time I got the guest list to my friend, it was kind of short notice that most people already have plans that they can't get out of. I was kind of disheartened to be honest, you secretly hope that everyone will want to give up their plans for YOU. I mean, I survived cancer, I might not have been here, come on people! How is that for unrealistic expectations?! Ha ha. I get it, but a girl can still dream and be delusional right?

It DOES make me realize that I want to continue to be a person who does do that for people though...show up and be there to mark important milestones and events. After cancer, I realize the importance of 'being there' even more. This is a good reminder to keep that as an important goal for myself.

So, the celebration will be intimate (which is actually more my style anyway). We've been trying to come up with fun 'things to do'...so far dinner at a sexy restaurant and shopping are on the A-list. But today I discovered this totally FUN thing to do in Vegas and we are SO going to do it! There's a show at one of the hotels and you can be IN it. They dress you up in Brazilian Carnivale costumes and put you in the show. How fun is THAT?! I don't think there's a better way to enter my 40's than that! I get the sense that we might be high in the air though and I'm not so great with heights (actually, I'm terrified!). But, I'm going balls out and doing it anyway.

So that's the Vegas planning in a nutshell.

I'm going to start Zumba classes again here this week too. I'm finding that as I am getting back into running (run/walk) and cycling short distances, that its not really burning the calories yet. I need something harder to kick my butt a few days a week and burn calories (and those freakin' addictive pretzel m&ms I keep eating!). Got to get my skinny on. I'm looking at taking classes at a place called "Salsa Baby" but I fear that I might be in a class with a bunch of good dancers. I have a call in to the studio to make sure that its for all levels. And, get this, they have hip hop classes. I 'm working up the nerve to try a beginner class. I really want to try it but its WAY outside of my comfort zone so I'll be digging deep to get myself there. I WILL get there though, even if its for one class and I never go back, ha ha.

Well my lovelies, that's all for tonight. Live long and prosper. (Where did that come from?! I'm not a trekky).

No comments:

Post a Comment