Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend in Durango

It was FANTASTIC. There's nothing like seeing old friends and spending a weekend with them in their beautiful mountain town. (I used to not like Durango very much but have come to LOVE it and could see myself living there one day). Love their new house way out on county roads where you go to sleep in total silence and wake up surrounded by forest and deer (and their 3 dogs and 3 cats). The laughter all weekend was much needed, leave it roasting smores under millions of stars to get the laughs going (oh, and Glen from Oklahoma cracking jokes with his Jeff Foxworthy accent, a small grease fire on the BBQ...). I am also so appreciative of my birthday massage and lunch at Cypress, yum! Thank you "Keely". The weather was gorgeous and it was cool to see the Iron Horse event going on. It sounds impossible but was kind of intriguing to me...I might have to look into it...but I think its too tough for me! It was inspiring at the very least. And I got to go into my favorite store and bought some pottery (6 thumb mugs) from Mark Jaramillo. I love his stuff and it just has a good vibe and is affordable. Oh, and another great part of the weekend was going to Navajo Lake and taking a test drive on the motor boat that Kelly, Griz, and Chris bought. It was wet, bumpy, and windy but we had a great time. I am loving all the friend time, and activities I am getting to do while out this way...much needed and its a reminder that I am happy and can enjoy life. Can't say that's how I felt when I was back home. Next stop...Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment