Tuesday, June 7, 2011

3 days until Vegas

Friday I will be on a plane to Las Veeeeeeegas! I arrive early enough in the morning to get to the hotel in plenty of time to spend the day at the pool. Forecast says the weather should be in the 90s, NICE. The rest of the weekend will be a blur of eating, shopping, and tootling the streets of Vegas, both the strip and Fremont Street. I bought a new brown dress and some gold, sparkly, strappy shoes that should help me celebrate turning 40 in classic hip and not old lady style (I'm hoping). I did make the mistake of getting my haircut in these days before my birthday. If I was back home it would have been fine, Tam my hair guy is AMAZING. However, I am here. And I took a risk. I now look like a cross between Pat Benetar, Justing Beiber, and a soccer mom. And I set myself back, way back, in the growing-my-hair-out department. I was SO close to breaking past the awkward stage and now...its back to short and choppy layers. I've already figured a way past the Beiber swoosh the hair stylist sent me home with. But I'm still struggling to make this hairdo seem feminine and pretty. Ugh. At least its not green right? Tomorrow I venture back to the same salon, only this time, for Rockstar toenails. I know! I hadn't heard of them either. They are colorful, sparkly, blingy, and last 2 months or longer! What more could a girl ask for? Gorgeous! Packing tomorrow or Thursday, and I'm all set and ready for my birthday weekend in Sin City. 40. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment