Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Making dreams come true...

OK, some might not consider traveling miles and miles to meet some actors from a 1970s TV show a dream, but I do. Are you kidding me?! I am SO excited that this weekend is finally here! I've been counting down for months and months, planning, and sometimes panicking that I'd forget (seriously? I know.). I packed my suitcase tonight and made DOUBLE sure that my photo of "Johnny and Roy" is packed and packed SAFELY. I bet my friend Kelly never knew that when she gave me that photo for my birthday, that it would go any further than on my office cubicle. And now it's traveling with me to California to get signed by Randolph Mantooth (aka PM Firefighter "Johnny Gage"), YOW!!!! I'm actually excited that I chose to drive there versus fly. I get to go through two NM towns that I haven't seen in all my years here and Flagstaff, AZ. I've always wanted to go there. I'm booked in at the recommended 'host' hotel along with many other crazy Emergency! fans like me I'm sure. The main event is Saturday, including a poolside mixer (that just sounds fun already!) in the evening. Just think, I'll get to mingle with other dorky fans like myself after spending a day seeing the actual fire station and trucks, and meeting some of the actors. I loved Johnny Gage and although he's much older now (let's face it, so am I!), he's still that cute, quircky paramedic from 1970-something that I loved to watch each week. I can't wait to see what all of the other fans are like...is it going to be nutty or normal? I imagine there will be a lot of healthcare people who were inspired to become a firefighter, paramedic, MD, nurse, etc. because of the show. I didn't realize that firefighter/paramedics still exist but I keep seeing them here in town (see the photo up top). How cool! I just assumed they were two separate professions now. Nope. Stay tuned for photos and updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment