Thursday, October 27, 2011

Weekend Retreat

I'm heading to the hills with a friend for 4 days of relaxation and fun! Lots of good things planned like 2 hikes (going to the teahouse even though its now closed), the upper hot springs, yoga and Qi Gong, chick flicks, presecco, and whatever else we decide. I can't wait. My cold is officially gone so I'm in ship-shape (minus my chapped lip that the kids keep pointing to and saying "ow-ee"). I'm hoping there isn't too much snow on the teahouse hike, I'm bringing a thermos full of tea just in case. We thought about horse back riding on the trails but its a bit pricey and anyone who knows me, knows it would be close to a miracle to get me on the back of a horse again! The last time I was on a horse on those same trails was with my dad, and my 'gentle' horse took off from the group running for an open area before we even got started. Feckers. All of them. But I did enjoy the ride after that because its really quite 'beginner'. I always swore I'd be a great bull rider because I've had to hang on to crazy, ornery horses like that who bolt without a second's notice! Happy week-ending everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment