Monday, December 26, 2011

Road Trippin' with a man boob

Road trip starts tomorrow! Cross country to North Carolina with a side trip to DC and then home. Bags are packed. We have an early start at 07:00. I am so glad this day is finally here. December was a whirlwind of work, surgery, and the holidays. I'm so glad to have all the stress behind me, especially surgery. I think that was the biggest worry on my shoulders so it feels sooooooooooooo good to have that done. And it was a positive experience which means I'm actually not too freaked out about the second surgery in June! Whatever they gave me in the O.R. before the anasthetic made me feel so relaxed that I was thanking everyone and telling them how great I felt. I could hear myself slurring my words, it was hilarious. But seriously, I have NEVER felt that relaxed, it was amazing! Anyway...that's why the reference to the man boob. My tissue expander in place with a little inflation looks just like a man boob. I'm over the pain of the first week but its still uncomfortable. I'm not so sure its 100% kosher to drive but I can. I'll just take the straight, flat routes on the highway and freeways, we'll be OK. I should probably be more worried that we're driving in a Toyota Echo, ha ha. I'm excited to head into the new year doing one of my favorite things (road trip), seeing new sites, making new memories, spending time with good friends and family, and then a new boob in summer. We're stopping in Winnipeg to see my sista G before crossing the state line and heading south. I'm excited to see her and my brother and Polly and the kiddos in DC. I'll get to ride the Amtrack for the first time too. Can't wait. Time to eat, sleep, then put on my RTC t-shirt (road trip chicks) and frappe la rue.

No comments:

Post a Comment