Monday, January 23, 2012

Maryland

Hanging out with aunt Tracey before bed

Ella took this picture! Me and Grace...

Sleeping beauty

I can't describe how great it was to turn the corner in the Amtrak station in Union Station and see my brother and my niece and nephew all waiting for me and smiling. The smiles...I felt so loved and realized even more how much I have missed them all. We grabbed my bag, hopped in the car, and headed for home. How good to be in a 'home' after a week in the car and in hotels. All I can say is that it was incredible to see and hold my newest niece Grace, such a tiny little nugget! And so sweet. And how incredible it was to spend days with family. Ella and Henry kept me busy and we had a ton of fun. Tickle Monster was the best before bed every night...laughing and acting crazy. It was so nice to be on a schedule and get some solid sleep all week too! Time with my sister-in-law talking and bonding in person versus email or FB, and with my big bro. Special times. Truly special times. That's really all I can say. My heart is full and today...I come home to an amazing card in the mail from my brother...seriously, I could burst. It was a whirlwind week and I could have stayed forever. I'm too tired for details, you get the idea though...it was a GREAT few days. I thought my flights home would be draining and long (I had to change planes 3 times...DC to Boston, Boston to Toronto, Toronto to Calgary). But it wasn't so bad! every plane was a nice, big airbus with TV and movies. I basically read the whole time (last book of the Hunger Games Trilogy)...this entire trip = my best 2 weeks in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment