Monday, January 16, 2012

RTC Core Vocabulary

This post is really for me so I don't forget the crazy lingo from our road trip. I figured I better write it out (and add what I forget later) before going on to blog about my visit with Matt, Polly, and the kiddos. Mary and I were cracking up the entire trip and there usually came a time of day when we started to get "low in the brainstem" (as Mary likes to say) and we deemed this Dumb and Dumber time. Somehow a new vocabulary was created because we became totally aphasic and our conversations and speech became very 'dumbed down'. I'll write the few I remember right now and keep going later...

Meat Stick = any type of pepperoni stick (actual conversation: "Mmmm, your meat stick smells good"..."would you like some?"..."No, I'm saving myself for later.")
Gum Rag = a restaurant napkin to put wads of gum into until it gets full
Puff Ball Pines = we think these were actually cedar trees
Omahomey = any friend we made in Omaha
Ball Bump = instead of bumping fists, you bump balls (on a keychain that is)
Mad Man Mask = our scary biker face mask bought from a gas station
Butter Shirt = a shirt that is too tight
Manpanion = your male 'partner' if you don't want to use the term 'boyfriend' and you're not married

That's all for now...must chat with Mary so she can refresh my memory for the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment