Thursday, July 26, 2012

Up and coming...

Surgery #2 is weeks away. And how funny that it's 4 days before the day I was diagnosed 4 years ago. As usual, I'm not looking forward to the surgery and as the weeks and days get closer...I get more nervous. But I'm keeping my eye on the prize, a boob! Funny how you cope and deal with having to stuff a fake boob into your bra every day, wrestle it back into place as it shifts constantly throughout the day, avoid certain clothing so people can't see it...things like that. It's a pain in the ass but you do it without complaining. In a few weeks, I can actually wear whatever shirt I want, including yoga tops and do yoga without worrying and checking if the fake boob is in a weird place and noticeable to others...you get the idea. Exciting!

I try not to look back much but it's amazing to review what I've been through. And still going through. I hope that innonence that life's big scary things won't happen to 'us' is something everyone gets to hang onto. Facing your own mortality head on and the process of lab tests, waiting for results that your life literally hangs on, surgery, chemo, radiation, and life long coping...let's just say I'm happy to be a survivor but don't wish it on anyone.

Better news...Melissa's with the Fortney sistas in September! A whirlwhind weekend awaits of a sisterly gathering, 10K run (walk?), and laughs and bonding. I can't wait! And how funny, again, that I'm doing Melissa's just weeks after another surgery. Only this time, I won't be caught in official race photos shifting my fake book around lol. Last time it was me without a boob, now it's me WITH a boob.

That's the update...feels good to get the surgery babble off my chest and breath a little. Starbucks is calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment