Friday, August 10, 2012

Surgery is now DAYS away!

I keep hearing the Jaws shark theme in my head. I need to stop that lol.

Just a quick blurb today...I fly home tomorrow for 2 weeks for surgery, recovery, and a follow up appt. with my surgeon before heading stateside again. I'm SO grateful that my work is so accomodating and allowing me to start work a week late. Amazing. It allows me time to go home, heal, go to my follow up appt., and be ready for work instead of feeling rushed. And to be honest, this IS a pretty big deal so I'm thankful for being given the opportunity to experience it with enough time to absorb and process it all too. Almost done with all this cancer schmancer.

Scared as heck? That's right. But somehow I manage to do what needs to be done and get through it anyway. And after this, other than a simple-ish procedure to get a nipple tattoo once 'the girls' have settled...no more big, bad, scary surgeries! AND I'll finally have two boobs again! TMI? Point is, I'm trying to keep THESE thoughts in my head as I get closer to my surgery date. (Dang it! There's that shark theme in my head again!).

And one month later I get to be back home again hanging with my sistas and doing the Melissa's run. I'd say life is pretty good. Even if I am broke from all this travel and plane tickets home!

And then, once back in the US, I start my job and I'm LOVING the idea of my new placement! I'm not a school therapist by any means, just not my passion. But this placement allows me to work with medically fragile home bound kiddos and at 'RTCs'...Residential Therapy Centers...level 3 lockdown baby. These are the kiddos with mental health and behavioral issues. Now that sounds sexy to me, in work terms that is. I miss my days of working at the maximum security prison for juveniles up to age 21. This is the next best thing for me when it comes to being passionate about what I do and finding reward in the work I do.

So...one more big hurdle in my personal Olympics and that's surgery. Then its all good from there...no more anticipation, no more stress. I could sure use some of that! And a freakin' celebratory pina colada.

No comments:

Post a Comment