Sunday, January 25, 2009

A day in the life of...

A Gemini. I tell ya, one thing we're known for is 'variety'. No theme to this post, just my ramblings about anything and everything. I'm a Gemini through and through. I can keep it together and toe the line with the best of them, but sometimes the Gemini in me reigns and I find myself thinking or doing a million things. So...last night I watched an interview with the Dixie Chicks about the years during and after their statement that they were embarassed that President Bush was from Texas. Love their song 'I'm not ready to make nice' but another one hit home for me last night...they sang the 'long road home'...I put it on my blog playlist. Have a listen, it's very 'Tracey' for the most part.

I didn't make it to the ski hill (Sunshine) thanks to suddenly feeling overwhlemed by so many doctor appts. at the end of last week that I crashed and couldn't commit to a weekend trip right before chemo. I need down time each weekend before another round. But how I would have loved to be up on the hill! I could have stopped chemo if I wanted to by the way, I did ask on Friday...but, "studies have been done on 6 trials" and not less so I sucked it up and said I'll continue. I'm not an idiot, I know it would be stupid to quit. But I really hoped I'd hear something different so I could quit. My coworker Kevin related my chemo to running by reminding me that it's the middle kilometres that are the hardest. I'm through that and now...2 more rounds to go and I'm at the finish line. Yes, so true. Another friend said, "you've come all this way, why stop now?". Well, I can tell you a million reasons why to stop right now, ha ha, but she's right. Tomorrow I'm off to round 5. Ugh.

I did do a little retail therapy this afternoon at the mall. I went against my I'll-only-buy-recycled-clothing rule just this once. And I blame Stacy and whatever his name is from the TV show 'What Not To Wear'. I watched that last night too and they happened to have a woman with my same body type on as their 'victim'. I was brain washed into thinking I needed to dress nicer to feel nicer, and with all these new rules for shopping that seemed to fit my body type, how could I resist shopping? And especially before a chemo treatment? Really, it was inevitible. I did manage to buy a few things including a dress, yes a dress, which I can't wait to wear! I'm 50% tomboy and 50% girly girl when it comes to my wardrobe. The show inspired me to channel the girly girl! Now I just need a great pair of shoes...

Signed up for community recycling which will start on Wednesday. I've been taking all my recycling to the depot myself but decided this would be easier and keep me from stock piling the recycling for weeks! I bought 2 blue boxes for a mere $2.49 each and they're ready to make their debut on the curb on Wednesday. This idea only took me over a year to act upon, I'm a little slow.

Also on my mind is another blog about a woman who lives on a 40 acre farm with her family in Amish country. They were just invited to an Amish family's house for lunch and she chronicles her experiences living with these people. Which sounds incredible to me! The sense of community, people working together...how rare is that in today's day? Why is it that people always seem to be livng my dream? I always talk about wanting to live with the Amish! I'm not kidding. And here someone IS doing just that! I need to sit down with my dreams and passions and sort myself out so I'm actually living them. New Mexico however, is one that will happen. So that's a start I guess. Breaking new ground...I'm ready to do everything my heart desires...NM is the starting line.

Might head up to the mountains in a week and hang out there until round 6. My buddy Mike has been skiing up at the Nordic Centre and we've been meaning to to catch up over a coffee at Beamer's. And that's about all I have to say...a mouthful!

Time for bed, I think I'm procrastinating...my treatment is in the morning instead of the afternoon this time. Oh well, guess that means I get it over with sooner. I'm already feeling sick in anticipation. The power of the mind.



2 comments:

  1. I love reading about where you are at. maybe we can become Metis Amish sisters. Our bonnet would be made out of the Metis sash.

    I love that song by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in my Amish-Metis sista!

    ReplyDelete