Saturday, January 24, 2009

Gazpacho recipe...raw and delicious!

This is the best raw food recipe I have come across yet! Try and use organic and all raw fruits and veggies to get the best health benefits and avoid those nasty pesticides!

Loosely chop and blend the following ingredients in a blender until smooth:

1/2 C water
2 tbs. olive oil
5 large ripe tomatoes (I used only 3)
2 cloves garlic
3-5 dates, pitted...or you can use raisins
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp. sea salt (optional)
1 bunch fresh basil (I didn't use fresh but it was organic)

Now you have the Gazpacho liquid.

Cut the following veggies into 1/4 inch cubes:

1 large avocado
1 medium bell pepper
5 stick celery
1 small onion (optional)...I used 2 big, fat green onions

Mix all ingredients in a medium to large bowl and dig in. I garnished the soup with broccoli sprouts...SO good, I promise! Makes about 4-5 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment