Thursday, January 22, 2009

Much about nothing

I don't have a specific topic in mind for today's blog but thought I'd stick something on here. I'm drinking rooibos tea with rice milk, I guess it's a homemade 'rooibos rice milk latte'. Not bad, but not what I was craving either. I didn't get around to buying those Olympic glasses...and after reading my sista's blog about the recession we're in, I might put those on hold. Seems frivolous to purchase glasses that I don't really need right now. But I'm sticking with the idea that when I have to buy something new, it will support a cause if possible.

Had a consult with the radiologist this afternoon. Nice, older British guy. Looks like 5 weeks of radiation are in my future, the month of April. I have to get a CT scan before that. I had to laugh because the doc spent a great deal of time explaining to me that the CT scan is NOT enclosed or claustrophobic, how it's open and the machine won't touch me...he probably saw on my chart how I've been putting off an MRI. I'm thinking that's why I'm now scheduled for CT vs. MRI...and thank you for that! I hate MRIs.

Off to the mountains tomorrow. Excited to be on a ski hill again, even though skiing isn't an option for me right now due to my 'condition'...it'll be fun to reminisce and enjoy the great white outdoors. It's been ages, I used to ski all the time. I'm sure I'll feel envious of all the skiiers on the hill but I'm just thankful for a little getaway before round 5 of chemo on Monday.

Time to go try and nap before heading out to dinner with my dad, sister and brother-in-law.

1 comment:

  1. Have a latte for me in the Lodge. That wind you just felt rushing past you was me hyperventilating at the thought of being on a ski hill.

    ReplyDelete