Saturday, January 3, 2009

Middle of the road

Another round of chemo done (as of yesterday) and two more to go. It's a long and different road than I'm used to being on and one I don't prefer. The count DOWN is on now though and I like to think I'm almost through the worst. I do feel good today which is unexpected. And I'm not complaining. I keep going with the love and support of friends and family, and keep my sights on what's ahead...the incredible life ahead. I am grateful but anxious to really get my life started again. I have such a new appreciation and zest for life and a new insight. And it really is amazing to be a part of the love that comes in times of need, people are amazing and I have never felt so much love or such strength from it. It is more powerful than any medicine. I'm getting too sappy. I'm looking forward to a visit with a soul mate and friend this afternoon, and a milkshake. Nectar of the gods these days! Guess there are some perks to chemo? I can get away with straying from my new vegetarian, raw diet! That's all for now...

2 comments:

  1. It is your personal marathon and your medal is waiting for you as you cross the finish line. People on are cheering you on , Yay Tracey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail, you inspire me to keep my chin up and keep me going.

    ReplyDelete