Thursday, April 1, 2010

Small town USA

I'm sure gonna miss this place and the people...such a relaxed and gentler way of life. I just spent an hour hanging out at a friend's hair salon as she cut hair, chatting with her and all the clients coming and going. Very 'Steel Magnolias' kind of feeling to it all. Everyone is interwined after you've been here for a while and you end up knowing lots about everyone, mostly in a good way too. You sure don't get to do stuff like that in the big city. Or at least I haven't been able to. Po-ke-no nights, neighbours helping neighbours, its a beautiful thing and I feel like I belong in this kind of world...small town USA. Everything and everyone is just REAL. You can let your hair down, nothing and nobody to keep up with, no rat race, just real life. Free and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment