Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 2...

Did you already guess that I didn't make the morning work walk? Sleep, resting my sore body, and coffee won out. Hello! But I DID do the walk home again, another 13 km. And I hurt. Mostly my feet (I think a blister is developing on my left heel but I'm ignoring it). That *!!&**! of a hill...19th street...REALLY hurt. Its right at the end of my walk...almost 2 hours in. I actually don't even know how I made it up that hill today. I felt like I was walking on 2 'clubbed feet' or 'stumps'. But I did it. Yay me!

I have realized (yet again) that walking to AND from work is a lofty starting point. My urge is bigger than my ability at this point. Such a Gemini (or perhaps Fortney). Everything seems SO possible and instantly! Of course! Why couldn't I suddenly start walking 26 km each day without any problem? Ugh.

People at work think I'm nuts. I thought about that on the way home. Its not really any different than someone going for a 13 km run, is it? I guess walking 2 hours home after work DOES seem a little odd...old school...especially when there are buses, cars...I laughed to myself thinking, "I've always been a bit quirky though" and I do odd things. Sista G would say this is the Fortney gene. I laugh even more.

Off to bed and really hoping my feet and legs hold out for one more walk home tomorrow. The next day, Friday, is my day off from work and I'm doing yoga with my stepmom yoga instead. I'm really looking forward to that.

Feet don't fail me now!

4 comments:

  1. PS...I bought new runners to kick off my month of walking and just by a fluke...they are white with black and orange (Halloween/October colors). Must have been meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Go girl...i can't even walk through the mall, so I"m super Jelous!! Maybe after baby I can strap on some new runners and come walking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you. I use body glide on my feet and toe socks and that seems to help in preventing blisters. Do you notice things as you are walking that you would not normally notice if you were driving?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Deena, you are welcome to join me any time! But you will be more interested in sleep soon, ha ha! And Gail, I'll try the body glide trick, thanks. Definately notice new things I wouldn't while driving, inlcuding how scary it is to be a pedestrian in the city!

    ReplyDelete