Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Walktober has officially begun!

I had to drive to work today because I had an appointment during the day BUT...I DID walk home from work and got a ride back to my car. 13Km one way and took me about 2 hours.

My favorite part was stopping for water at Hill's grocery...a little convenience store in Bankview. The Asian man there has the friendliest face and instead of saying hello to me, he shouted "hey lady!". He kept saying "hey lady" to me after that too. It cracked me up.

Let's see if I can manage to wake up at the crack of dawn and walk to work in the morning. It means I have leave at 5:45 a.m. That will be the real test people. It isn't sounding like such a good idea right now, with a belly full of spaghetti and stiff muscles...but I am determined to try!

And a special shout out to Ozzy Osborne who got me pumped up enough to walk over the foot bridge above rush hour traffic on Glenmore Trail. "Aye aye aye! All abooard!" (Crazy Train).

No comments:

Post a Comment